Our God Squad program was started in 2011 as a way that children from the community and church can get together during the school year to learn about our Squad Chief, God. Bible lessons, crafts, singing songs, games in the gym are some of the fun filled activities that can be expected. We are a team of people working for God!
God Squad Chief: God
Assignment Time: 6:45PM-8:30PM
Squad Meetings: Thursday Evenings from October-March (see attached flyer for exact dates)
Grades Kindergarten-5th grade – Junior High Bible study happens at the church at the same time
Our Day Camp began in the late 1970’s by an energetic college student seeking opportunities for our church and community children to do activities together with a Christian emphasis.
It runs for 6 weeks during the summer, starting in June after our week of Vacation Bible School and is held at our church pavilion. Day Camp is offered free of charge to children completing 1st – 6th grades, each grade taking one week.
Applications are distributed locally and are available online. Along with a director for each week there are counselors, 7th grade and up, who are there to provide supervision.
Each day runs from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our normal schedule is as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday:
9:00 – 9:30 Arrival and morning praise
9:30 – 10:15 half of the children at craft, half of the children at Bible class
10:15 – 11:00 Groups switch for craft and Bible classes
1:30 – 2:15 Monday only for grades 1 – 4 is a puppet presentation
11:15 – 11:45 Tuesday & Thursday music class
Monday & Friday afternoon
Organized games, scavenger hunt, water games…
Tuesday & Thursday afternoon
Swimming at Shenk’s Pond (pond designed specifically for swimming).
A CPR certified individual will be at the pond.
All day field trip. We use our church van and bus for transportation.
Vacation Bible School
June 16-20, 2019
Discovering that, no matter where we live, what shade of skin we have, or what language we speak, we are all part of the same race—the human race—and all part of the same family from Adam and Eve.
As they examine the events surrounding the tower of Babel, kids will learn that God is calling people from every tribe and nation through his Son, Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. And that he wants us to share this good news in kindness and love with our neighbors nearby and far away.
Join The Incredible Race and experience God's love for every tribe, language, and nation!
• Sunday – Explore the beginning of the human race and why nobody has run a perfect race through life.
• Monday – Learn about the Tower of Babel and check out the important and loving roadblock God provided there.
• Tuesday – Learn how the human race develops into people groups with different languages, cultures, and physical features, but how we are still all one race.
• Wednesday- Discover the need to yield our lives to God as he reaches out to all nations, tribes, and peoples with his love through Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.
• Thursday – Learn that because God loves all people groups, we ought to treat others with love and respect, not prejudice and judgment.